The Water Safety Portal is a toolbox for the Water Safety Planning approach and is jointly sponsored by IWA and WHO.
Water Safety Portal aims to contribute to improving and maintaining the safety of drinking water supplies through the effective implementation of WSPs, a catchment to consumer risk assessment and management approach advocated for by IWA and WHO as the most effective means of consistently ensuring the safety of a drinking water supply. The WSPortal is achieving this through collecting and disseminating case studies, tools, and other resources, which provide practical guidance and evidence-based material of relevance that can be applied appropriately for a range of circumstances.
It is a platform that promotes an active interaction between governments, practitioners and implementers, allowing water and public health sector professionals to exchange experiences and foster collaboration.
More specifically, the main objectives of the Water Safety Portal are:
- To serve as a resource library, through which users can share information by uploading and downloading documents (guidelines, templates, training materials, case studies etc.);
- Give an introduction to Water Safety Planning with a brief overview of the concept with easy links to sources of further information;
- Allow for various users to actively interact;
- Keep visitors and registered users updated on news and events related to Water Safety Planning.
If you have any questions, concerns or comments, please contact us on: WSPortal@iwahq.org
Who is Water Safety Portal for?
Water Safety Portal is intended for all those involved in the management of drinking-water supplies and provides practical guidance for those responsible for ensuring drinking-water quality.
Why register for Water Safety Portal ?
Once registered you can:
- Become part of a global community of practitioners implementing WSPs;
- Expand the resources library by submitting new resources (These submissions are subject to review before they are displayed);
- Comment on resources and request to get in touch with other members based on their uploads
How do I use Water Safety Portal?
Water Safety Portal relies on water experts interacting by submitting tools or case studies and providing comments on these materials. Visitors are encouraged to create an account in order to view, rate, upload and download resources. Please note that all resource submissions are subject to IWA and WHO review before publication on the Portal. You may access the Upload Resource form here (you will be prompted to log in to your account).
All WSP resources have been categorized on the resources page to help you to easily find the resources you need. You may search for WSP resources through a basic keyword search, or use the advanced search option, which allows you to refine your search by selecting different search categories (e.g. according to language, region etc.).
Feedback on how we may improve Water Safety Portal is welcome, and may be provided by emailing WSPortal@iwahq.org